Re: Localization problems between Access and PostgresSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tony
Subject Re: Localization problems between Access and PostgresSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Le mardi 15 mars 2005 à 13:52 +0100, Secrétariat a écrit :

> I've dumped the content of MS-Access 2002 SP3 tables on a PC with
> Windows XP Pro in French localization.
> Then I COPY these files, on the same PC hosting an PostgreSQL 8.0.1
> database.
> I've problems with the accents !? Why ?
> What kind of encoding must I use to create the PG database under Win
> XP pro French ?

I always create my database as -E LATIN1 because I have a mix of server
versions and OS on client and server (Macs mostly). This is the only way
I have managed to keep everything clean. I use functions in my JSPs to
get the right accents in output.

http://www.fracdespaysdelaloire.com database links on the bottom of the
page are an example of JSP accessing French text in PostgreSQL with data
being input from Macs. We use a mix of OpenOffice.org and pgaccess with
no accent problems.

Salut

Tony