Re: Database Name - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bernt Andreas Drange
Subject Re: Database Name
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 09:44 +1300, Envbop wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just inherited a PostgreSQL database, for which I do not have any
> details of, like database name or the users.
> This used to be a library database which was managed via a web page written
> in php.
> Its running on a Linux box.
> The front end was also written in php. The original writers of this
> application is no longer.
>
> I've just started to get familiarisd with postgresql in the last week. and
> have installed PostgreSQL v8.0.1 on a Windows server.
> And I am trying to connect to the linux box via the phppgadmin tool. as well
> as trying an odbc connection.
>
> Can someone tell me where I can find the database names.

If you look at the php source code, you will find the database name,
user name and password that the php scripts use to connect to the
database.

That should be a good start.

If php uses odbc to connect, you might also check /etc/odbc.ini on the
linux box.

Good luck!

Bernt