Re: Ident authentication SOLVED - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jarkko Elfving
Subject Re: Ident authentication SOLVED
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 09:39 -0700, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 06:35:36PM +0200, Jarkko Elfving wrote:
>
> > I did get it work, thanks for help.
>
> What was the solution?  It might be informative to people searching
> the list archives because they're having the same problem.

I just modify the pg_hba.conf file and set the method to trust and set
those lines into comments what I do not need or use. Like this:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

#local   all         all                               ident sameuser
local    all         all                               trust
# IPv4 local connections:
#host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          ident sameuser
host     all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host    all         all         ::1/128               ident sameuser

I do not now where this thought came, but that what Tom Lane says was
quite informatic. Thanks Tom Lane.
--
Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@ebaana.net>