PostgreSQL 8.0 re-installation succeeded - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jarkko Elfving
Subject PostgreSQL 8.0 re-installation succeeded
List pgsql-general
Hi.

First thing I would to thanks to Tom Lane, Lonni Friedman and Alvaro
Herrera for helping me out for my Postgre upgrading/re-installing
problem.

Re-Installation were succeed (I did turning off the SE-Linux policy
enforcement via the Security Level GUI) and after re-installing the
PostgreSQL I did start the server with suggested init script and now the
database cluster were initialized.

Next I create a user with postrges and create a test database. I modify
the postgresql.conf to listen all ports on localhost (default). I did
not touch the pg_hba.conf file yet. I use the pgAdmin3 to handle my
databases but now I got an error message that I haven't get before:

Error connecting to the server: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for
user "jarkko"

I tried to read the pgAdmin's help file for this, but I didn't found the
solution for this. In previous PostgreSQL version I got everything work
fine (then I modified pg_hba.conf file also).

But, thanks for all of you who did help me.
--
Jarkko Elfving <jarelf@ebaana.net>