Re: 8.0 and Mandrake 10.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Benoit
Subject Re: 8.0 and Mandrake 10.1
Date
List pgsql-general
You could try the Mandrake supplied RPMs for PG v8.0 that are included
with cooker already.

ftp://sunsite.uio.no/linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main/postgres*

Use this URL:

ftp://sunsite.uio.no/linux/Mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main

with URPMI, then it should install it for you, and do all the dirty
work.

Or if you don't want to upgrade to Cooker, you could try just
downloading the RPMs and running URPMI <rpm1> <rpm2> ...

I just installed it this afternoon and it worked like a charm.

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 17:50 -0500, Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I tried to install postgresql 8.0.0 on my Mandrake 10.1 community
> box, it puked. First it told me I was missing readline, so I compiled
> that and got over that hump. I tried --with-openssl and again, the
> configure stopped when it could not find crypt.... So, I d'loaded the
> latest openssl and installed it as per the usual /usr/local/ssl etc...
>
> postgresql still refuses to configure for a build with openssl... now, I
> am no Mandrake expert here, it's my first Mandrake install... but does
> anyone have a simple explanation for this. My various RH boxes all have
> no problems with this... postgresql built fine without openssl... but I
> would like SSL, so I am confused here. Any tips for Mandrake 10.1 and
> building postgresql most appreciated...
>
> Thanks

Mike Benoit <ipso@snappymail.ca>

Attachment