Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Copeland
Subject Re: [Gforge-admins] Moving the server?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 14:31, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Well, here's some questions then, regarding choice of OS and mirror config:
> >
> > 1) Tom, are we encountering issues in configuration and maintenance of gForge
> > on BSD which we would not encounter on Linux?  Are there any of these which
> > are unresolved and/or will require re-config when we upgrade to 4.0?
>
> My more specific question would be, what is Gforge developed on. If it
> is developed on Linux, it in general will run better on Linux. Of course
> it "can" run on BSD or Solaris etc... but most likely the Linux
> environment is taken for granted.

I'm not sure what Tim Perdue uses, but I did a fair bit of GForge
development during 2003-2004 and all of it was on my Linux workstation.
Plus, http://rubyforge.org/ is running on Linux, so that's what I get
most of my practice with...

Yours,

Tom