Re: PostgreSQL users on webhosting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: PostgreSQL users on webhosting
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 21:34, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Benefits of multiple instances:
> (1) Let's say you're using the one-instance method and one of your web
> users is a less-than-talented developer, and makes an infinite loop that
> fills the database with garbage. Not only will that hurt performance,
> but if it fills the disk than no other users can even commit a
> transaction! If you seperate the instances, you can run each as its own
> uid and control each with quotas, etc.

I wonder if this could not be achieved at least partially by using
schemas and set each user's schema to different tablespaces with
different space available on them ? Say, the bulk of the low paying
customers on a bulk partition, and the important customer on it's own
partition ? I actually would like to know if this is feasable...

Cheers,
Csaba.