Re: Tired of -Wold-style-definition already - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Tired of -Wold-style-definition already
List pgsql-hackers
> That's because you're using a badly broken flex

Sure, but my point is just that different versions of flex, in general,
will provoke different compiler warnings. I don't see that it is a net
win to disable a flag across the _whole_ source tree just because it
complains about the code generated by a particular version of flex. Why
not just disable warnings for just the flex-generated files?

> IIRC we have found worse problems than just warnings with 2.5.31.

Do you think these problems are sufficiently bad that we need to declare
2.5.31 unsupported?

-Neil