Re: PG "Users" page? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: PG "Users" page?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 13 Sep 2016, at 22:51, Damien Clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:
<snip>
> Currently the postgresql.org "case studies" page is even worse than the "users" page :
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/about/casestudies/
>
> Some studies in there were written in 2003.... This is a very bad message. Like for the "users" page, it should be
removeduntil someone takes the time to gather relevant and up-to-date info.

Yeah.  It was a good start to things back in the day, but people ran out of time/effort
to update it. :/

> Maybe one way to do it would be to continue the work done on the "case study" page :
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Case_Study_Links
>
> Every time one of us sees a PostgreSQL use case in the media, on a blog or a conference, he/she adds it to the wiki.
Andthen once a year, someone cherrypicks the best exemples to be featured on the website.

> I'm not saying it's easy but that's the most realistic approach I can imagine.

Interesting approach.  That would lead to a curated list fairly decently. :)

The entries on that page at the moment are a bit old, but that’s fixable.

With these two VMware blog posts from a few months ago:

https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2016/03/getting-comfortable-with-vpostgres-and-the-vcenter-server-appliance-part-1.html

https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2016/05/getting-comfortable-with-vpostgres-and-the-vcenter-server-appliance-part-2.html

They seem like a decent fit for the page.  They’re the one’s describing why VMware vCenter
is moving from Windows+(MSSQL/Oracle) to a self contained Linux+PostgreSQL appliance.

Thinking a new “Virtualisation” heading, and putting them there?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi