Re: Better Hardware, worst Results - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Nunes Melo
Subject Re: Better Hardware, worst Results
Date
List pgsql-performance
Em Qui, 2004-11-04 às 20:58, Rod Taylor escreveu:
> All 3 plans have crappy estimates.
>
> Run ANALYZE in production, then send another explain analyze (as an
> attachment please, to avoid linewrap).
First of all, I'd like to apoligize for taking so long to post a new
position. After this, I apologize again because the problem was in my
query. It used some functions that for some reason made the Dell machine
have a greater cost than our house-made machine. After correcting this
functions, the results were faster in the Dell machine.

The last apologize is for the linewrapped explains. In our brazilian
PostgreSQL mailing list, attachments are not allowed, so I send them as
inline text.

Thanks to everyone who spent some time to help me solving this problem.

|  Alvaro Nunes Melo    Atua Sistemas de Informacao |
| al_nunes@atua.com.br        www.atua.com.br       |
|    UIN - 42722678            (54) 327-1044        |