Re: Proposal for Recover mode in pg_ctl (in 8.0) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Proposal for Recover mode in pg_ctl (in 8.0)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 00:54, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> While this is nice, it will not help you if the restoration directory is
> different from your archive directory. That is : restore_command in
> recovery.conf fetches from somewhere other than where archive_command in
> postgresql.conf copied.

...hmmm, this doesn't look like an issue to me.

If the archive is protected when it's written, then it will be safe to
use later for restoration. The path to the archive may differ, but the
archive itself *needs* to be the same archive.

--
Best Regards, Simon Riggs