Re: additional GCC warning flags - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: additional GCC warning flags
Re: additional GCC warning flags
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 21:43, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> FYI, I also use:
>
>     -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
>
> locally.  I think -Wcast-align throws errors on some platforms and can't
> be use generally.

-Wpointer-arith might be worth enabling. I'll add it to the GCC CFLAGS
in the next patch I send in.

As you said, -Wcast-align can't be enabled in general at the moment
because it flags a ton of warnings on certain platforms (at least on
IA64, probably other 64-bit platforms as well). I remember there were
some vague rumblings that fixing these issues, but I haven't heard
anything about that lately.

-Neil