Re: Excessive context switching on SMP Xeons - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Excessive context switching on SMP Xeons
List pgsql-performance
Bill,

In order to manifest the context switch problem you will definitely
require clients to be set to more than one in pgbench. It only occurs
when 2 or more backends need access to shared memory.

If you want help backpatching Gavin's patch I'll be glad to do it for
you, but you do need a recent kernel.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer