Re: arrayfuncs: fix read of uninitialized mem - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: arrayfuncs: fix read of uninitialized mem
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 03:32, Joe Conway wrote:
> Personally I prefer the original style here.

Personally I like the style I used, because it makes one class of
mistake more difficult -- getting the sizeof() wrong. Suppose the type
of the variable you're allocating changes -- if you use

ptr = malloc(sizeof(*ptr));

then the code is still right, but with

ptr = malloc(sizeof(some_type));

you need to remember to update the sizeof(); worse, the compiler won't
warn you about this.

-Neil