Re: x86_64 configure problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James William Pye
Subject Re: x86_64 configure problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 12:28, James William Pye wrote:
> That should work, regardless of the lib directory that Python is
> installed to.

Looking at get_python_lib(), I'm not so sure that I'm correct:
   if os.name == "posix":       libpython = os.path.join(prefix,                                "lib", "python" +
get_python_version())

Although, I'm getting a bit confused. I just compiled and installed
Python(CVS) configured as:

./configure --prefix=/usr/dev --libdir=/usr/dev/pylib

But it didn't install anything in /usr/dev/pylib, as one would expect.
It just threw everything in /usr/dev/lib. I even gmake'd distclean to
make sure there wasn't some configure option cache of some sort. Same
thing.

ISTM that Python's libdir wasn't meant to be located anywhere other than
EPREFIX/lib.

--
Regards,       James William Pye