Re: News of the LJ award has hit Slashdot - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Steve Bergman
Subject Re: News of the LJ award has hit Slashdot
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 20:39 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Au contraire, buddy.   MySQL was never who we've needed to beat; in fact,
> their PR did a lot of good for OSS databases in general.   Who we need PR to
> fight is Microsoft, DB2 and Oracle.

Nevertheless, there's never been a better time to emphasize PostgreSQL's
BSD licensing.

Should something like "PostgreSQL 8.0.0 is the first BSD licensed full
fledged RDBMS with native Win32 support" or something be worked into the
press release, I wonder? (And is that even true?)

-Steve Bergman