Re: autovauum integration patch: Attempt #4 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: autovauum integration patch: Attempt #4
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 21:36, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'm not sure what we do now.  I can't apply this in its current state,
> > and I do not have time to fix it.  I don't really want to push it in
> > and assume we can fix the problems during beta ...
>
> I see.  :-(
>
> I know Matthew just got back from being away so perhaps he has time to
> address some of these.  I say we see if he can and move on the other
> open items and see where this is when they are complete.

Yes I'm here, and I'm quite willing to put some more work into this.  I
really want to see autovac in 7.5/8.0.

I have been pushing for a while to get some feedback on my patch since I
knew it would be considered a little "rough around the edges" to put it
mildly.

I will do what I can to improve the patch as long as people think there
is a decent chance of getting it applied.

Matthew