Is a backend id or something available for use as a foreign key? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Markus Bertheau
Subject Is a backend id or something available for use as a foreign key?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have this application which has various users. I want the results of
functions to depend on which user is currently logged on. The usual
users are separate from the database users; the application always uses
the same user to connect to the database. Is there a backend id
available or something similar that would allow me to define a view like
this:

CREATE VIEW my_user_name AS
SELECTu.user_name as user_name
FROMusers uJOIN user_has_backend ub ON (u.user_id = ub.user_id)
WHEREub.backend_id = CURRENT_BACKEND_ID;

Thanks

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>