Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL
Date
Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 11:33, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > Guys who would contact Geoff Davidson about PostgreSQL (sorry Geoff)
> > know so little about us that it is not even worth the paper it is
> > printed on.
>
> Based on what do you jump to the conclusion that he "knows so little about
> us"?  Geoff, surprisingly enough, has a mindset of (to my chagrin at

I think the problem isn't Geoff, but the Aberdeen Group. The article was
poorly written and to make it look like Geoff may have been quoting
Aberdeen's report, which said we don't support row locking (FOR UPDATE
anyone?)