Re: CVS in docs - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: CVS in docs
Date
List pgsql-docs
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> Do references to the CVS need removing now that everything is on GIT?

The chapter about CVS obviously needs to be replaced.  I was talking
to Magnus about that earlier, and we both felt that that needs to be
back-patched, if only so that there are non-obsolete repository URLs
in the next back-branch updates.  I'm not sure that we need the
tutorial-ish description of how to do checkouts etc, but at the least
we need the URLs.

A quick grep suggests that there are a dozen or two other passing
references to CVS in docs and comments, which'd be worth cleaning
up in HEAD, but probably not worth back-patching.

            regards, tom lane