Re: Resource id #12 - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Resource id #12
List pgsql-php
On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 23:20, Elijah O. Alcantara wrote:
> Mind if I ask another question? I've been logging errors lately and
> found a 'Resource id #12' in one of the query results, what does this
> mean?

A "Resource id #12" is a handle to a resource in PHP.  It comes from
something like this:

$conn = pg_connect("...
$query = "select * from sometable";
$res = pg_query ($conn,$query);

$res will now have something like "Resource id #12" in it.  I.e. it's
not some constant that means anything, it's a handle to the result set
php now has in memory and what you use to access it via the
pg_fetch_array functions et. al.