Re: clusters and database instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: clusters and database instances
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 23:15, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> Have I read correctly, a database instance can only work with one cluster(directory)?

Yes, and no.

A database instance is in one cluster, but that cluster can span more
than one mount point or directory through the use of locations in
versions <7.5 and table spaces as of 7.5

Also, putting the transactions logs on another mount point is pretty
easy too, and quite common for high transaction load databases.