Do we need more emphasis on backup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Do we need more emphasis on backup?
List pgsql-general
I'm wondering if there's some basic failing in how we're presenting
backing up the database on a regular basis.

Maybe even our reputation for reliability hurts a bit here.  I'm sure if
PostgreSQL corrupted files all the time or had some other data
reliability problem people would backup religiously.

Now, the SQL documentation set has a tutorial that proceeds it that
really is a great walk through on the features of PostgreSQL, and I was
wondering if we needed an administrative walk through in a similar vein?

It could include load generation scripts written in Perl or PHP or
something like that to populate and exercise the database for
demonstration purposes.

It would include creating, populating, backing up, deleting, and
restoring a database to simulate a catastrophic failure, etc...

With things like tablespaces coming online, more and more administrative
functions are in danger of being road blocks for the beginner if.

I'd be willing to start it on the wiki site if anyone thinks it's a good
idea.  Any ideas welcome.  I plan on following the basic administrative
guide, just creating a tutorial analog for it.