Re: Installing 7.4.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scot L. Harris
Subject Re: Installing 7.4.2
Date
List pgsql-general
I succeeded in installing Postgresql 7.4.2 pretty much as I had planned
it below.  I found that I had to edit the old startup script for the new
version and add the path to the man.conf file for the new man pages.

Previously I had used a utility called pgaccess for some things.  I
pulled the latest version of pgaccess that I could find but it does not
work with the latest database.

The latest version appears to have caused problems with the database.  I
restored my backup and everything is working again.

Does anyone know if pgaccess is still maintained?  The web site
http://www.pgaccess.org does not appear to exist anymore.

Are there other similar utilities available and currently maintained?

And thanks to all those that responded with suggestions and pointers
regarding the upgrade process from 7.2.4 to 7.4.2.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

Be cheerful while you are alive.