Re: Amazon Linux Support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Amazon Linux Support?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/30/19 2:02 AM, Lewis Shobbrook wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> With the repo changes associated with the April 17 changes,
> https://pgstef.github.io/2019/04/17/one_rpm_to_rule_them_all.html
> It is evident that support for amazon linux has been dropped.
> While you can try to use redhat pgdp packages, they are not
> installable on Amazon Linux, giving the following error...
>
> /etc/redhat-release is needed by pgdg-redhat-repo-42.0-4.noarch
>
> I confident that the rest rpms available in the repo can be used by
> Amazon linux, but the redhat-release dependency is painful for
> automation with existing recipes such as postgresql in chef.
>
> Before I invest the effort to produce a pull request to address this,
> I wanted to confirm that amazon linux has been dropped and will no
> longer, nor likely ever be supported for the rpms repo's, or is it
> still on the road map?

You will need a community account to see the issue:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/4205

The relevant part:

Updated by Devrim Gündüz 4 days ago

"
Hi,

We dropped Amazon Linux support years ago, there were lots of
compatibility issues. The new repo RPMs just reflect that.

Please switch to a supported distro, or rebuild RPMs from SRPMS.

Regards, Devrim

"

--
Adrian Klaver