Re: CVS tip problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: CVS tip problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 19:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> > 1.  There are regression failures on timestamptz and horology which seem
> > to have come about either on input or output of timestamps with
> > fractional seconds.
>
> I believe I've fixed this.

All regression tests pass now.

> > 2.  If the postmaster is not running, there is garbage in psql's error
> > message:
>
> I can't duplicate that here.  It looks to me like the probable
> explanation is a broken or incompatible version of strerror_r() on your
> machine.  Does the failure go away if you build without thread-safety?

Yes it does.

I'll see if I can run with a debugging libc and find it.

========================================   "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how     great is the sum
ofthem! If I should count them, they     are more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am      still with thee."
Psalms139: 17,18