Re: I understand now - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: I understand now
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 19:21, Gavin Sherry wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2004, Bruce wrote:
>

> > We're going with PostgreSQL. Period. I'd like to thank the people who
> > responded. They were astonishing for a couple reasons:
> > 1. Their speed at responding
> > 2. Their passion
> > 3. Their knowledge
>
> Great.
>
> One way on which you can assist the project in the future is by putting
> together a case study of your experiences with your migration project
> (good and bad) as well as a guide for those migrating from Fox pro. As you
> can see, that kind of information is extremely useful and as a guide on
> the web site would be available to all.

I'm hoping to get some foxpro -> postgresql information up on techdocs
real soon now, but in the mean time check out
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2004-05/msg00092.php for
some conversion scripts.  What might be helpful to others is a narrative
to go along with them, I think the original author is only planning to
post the scripts.  Hope this helps.

Robert Treat