Re: make 'PrivateRefCount' 32 bits wide - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: make 'PrivateRefCount' 32 bits wide
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 23:20, Tom Lane wrote:
> I just committed a bunch of changes in bufmgr --- hope I didn't tramp on
> your toes too much.

No problem, it didn't take too long to rediff. Besides, it was negligent
of me not to get that work committed sooner. (BTW, I'm finished exams
now, and I hope to get the rest of the bufmgr work wrapped up soon, as
well as the list rewrite.)

> This I think is a bad change.  The coding style
>     ptr_var = (foo *) alloc(n * sizeof(foo));
> is widely used in the backend, and I consider it good style [...]

Good point; I reverted this changed, rediffed the patch, and applied it.

-Neil