Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon patch for 7.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon patch for 7.4.1
Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon patch for 7.4.1
List pgsql-performance
Yeah, I did some more testing myself, and actually get better numbers
with increasing spins per delay to 1000, but my suspicion is that it is
highly dependent on finding the right delay for the processor you are
on.

My hypothesis is that if you spin approximately the same or more time
than the average time it takes to get finished with the shared resource
then this should reduce cs.

Certainly more ideas are required here.

Dave

--