Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Miguel Guzman Miranda
Subject Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql
Date
Re: Mirroring tables from Oracle to Postgresql
List pgsql-general
Hi there,

    First of all, I suppose my problem should be at least farly common, but
haven't had luck trying to find what I need by searching on the docs,
google, etc. So please if this issue has already been covered please
point me to some URL, or the list archives, or what you think is fine.

    My issue is that I need to do some replication from Oracle tables to
PSQL. One-way only, incremental, and to a remote machine.

    I've been suggested to do a triggered procedure in Oracle so that
everytime a file is inserted, deleted or updated, a perl script is run
which modifies in turn the PSQL DB.

    I'd like to know if this is the proper approach, and also if someone
else has done anything similar (this is for office work, and the bosses
would feel more comfortable with a pre-fabricated solution that with
some quick hacking of mine, even if it's the same stuff ;). If there
isn't previous work, doing the hacking is still fine. What do you
recommend me?

    Thanks in advance,

    Miguel