Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Csaba Nagy
Subject Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
Date
Re: "make check" fails for 7.4.2 checked out from CVS
List pgsql-general
Thanks to all who answered, finally it looks like Peter was right to the
point: I was compiling postgres with the same deployment prefix as the
installed (older) version, and probably there is some compiled in stuff
which accesses that directory even for the test server, and even if
that's not in the PATH.
Recompiling with a different prefix solved the problem, the check is
passing.
I wonder if this is a desirable effect ? I mean that the test suite is
not completely independent of what is installed ?

Thanks,
Csaba.