Re: Call for platforms (HP-UX) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Call for platforms (HP-UX)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au> writes:
> I'm not sure how interesting these differences are anymore -- is there
> anyone familiar enough with floating point to determine if the results
> are acceptable (although currently unexpected :-) or not?

Differences in the last couple of decimal places in the geometry test
are definitely not a cause for worry.  Although we've tried to create
exact-match reference files for the most popular platforms, I think
that's largely an exercise in time-wasting.  Eventually we will figure
out a way to make the geometry output round off a few digits, and then
the cross-platform differences should mostly vanish.