Re: making tsearch2 dictionaries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ben
Subject Re: making tsearch2 dictionaries
Date
List pgsql-general
Okay, so I was actually able to answer this question on my own, in a
manner of speaking. It seems the way to do this is to merely return a
larger char** array, with one element for each word. But I was having
trouble with postgres crashing, because (I think) it tries to free each
element independently before using all of them. I had set each element
to a different null-terminated chunk of the same palloc'd memory
segment. Having never written C stored procs before, I take it that's
bad practice?

Anyway, now that this is working, my next question is: can I take the
lexemes from one dictionary lookup and pipe them into another
dictionary? I see that I can have redundant dictionaries, such that if
lexemes aren't found in one it'll try another, but that's not quite the
same.

For instance, the en_stem dictionary converts "hundred" into "hundr".
Right now, my dictionary converts "100" into "one" and "hundred", but
I'd like it to filter both one and hundred through the en_stem
dictionary to arrive at "one" and "hundr".

It also occurs to me I could pipe things through an ispell dictionary
and be able to handle misspellings....