Re: Readline lib configure error. Help - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Reece Hart
Subject Re: Readline lib configure error. Help
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 08:41, Roman Avdeenko wrote:
Use RH Linux90.
Try configure postgresql-7.4.1>&5/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/../../../libreadline.so:
undefined reference to `tgetnum'

Roman-

This also works for me on RH9.0 (athlon). While configuring, I get
    checking for readline... yes (-lreadline -ltermcap)

The symbols you're apparently missing are usually provided by termcap, curses, or ncurses. I suspect you're missing one of them or, worse, they're corrupted.

Some things to try:

1) Verify that you've got termcap installed and that it's okay. Do 'rpm -V termcap'. No output is good, everything else is suspect. Install if not present.

2) If you don't need rl4.1, consider doing rpm -e readline41. That's probably not your problem, but it's easy to eliminate.

3) Do 'rpm -V readline readline-devel'. Again, no output is good, otherwise investigate the issue. Install if missing.

4) Ensure that your environment doesn't have C_INCLUDE_PATH, LIBRARY_PATH, or LD_LIBRARY_PATH set (try 'env|grep path').

5) I've attached a list of rpms on my machine (rpm -qa|sort). comm this file with a similar list from your machine. Perhaps something will stand out.

Good luck,
Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://www.in-machina.com/~reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0