Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 09:29:32PM -0300, Martin Marques wrote:
> >
> > I am totally against this kind of believes.
> > Personally, I think that one of the most important caracteristics a book
> should
> > have is a VERY GOOD INDEX. This makes the searching easier.
>
> But the PG docs _have_ good indexes!  (Much better than other docs for
> open source projects I have seen.)  I for one have always found what I
> was looking for.  Searching in a full text engine is a different matter
> and I agree it is lousy (maybe that's the reason I don't use it
> anymore).

CAST wasn't there. :-)
Any way, as I stated before, I find PG docs to be very good. But I know that they
can be even better, so that is what I'm aiming at.

> > I had the 7.1 printed. Read most of it when my wife was in the hospital having
> > my daughter, and I had to stay there 2 days. :-)
>
> Go figure.  Maybe I'll start thinking about children so I can have a
> spare time to read documentation ... or maybe not ;-)

No Alvaro! I had does two days to read. Since then I have had lots of less time for
relaxing with a book. :-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA