Re: DBs and Schemas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: DBs and Schemas
Date
Re: DBs and Schemas
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 22:06, Adam Ruth wrote:
> > 1. Modifying the applications to use schemas instead of connecting to
> >    specific databases.  Getting the authors to use schemas so I do it
> >    once.
>
> One thing I'd suggest would be to modify the application to issue a
> "set search_path = yourschema;" at the beginning, then the rest of the
> application wouldn't need to change.  That's what I did when I did
> something similar.

You can use ALTER DATABASE to set that up permanently, without touching
the application.

     "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the
      children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy
      neighbour as thyself. I am the LORD."
                                 Leviticus 19:18