Re: ordering of results returned from - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dave Cramer
Subject Re: ordering of results returned from
List pgsql-jdbc
From the javadocs:

Retrieves a description of the primary key columns that are referenced
by a table's foreign key columns (the primary keys imported by a table).
They are ordered by PKTABLE_CAT, PKTABLE_SCHEM, PKTABLE_NAME, and
KEY_SEQ.

so what you are seeing is correct according to the docs.

Dave
On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 16:33, Kris Jurka wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, peter royal wrote:
>
> > Here's the situation:
> >
> > I have a table that has multiple foreign keys to another table, and the
> > key is a composite key (ie multiple fields).
> >
> > The results returned from DatabaseMetaData.getImportedKeys() seem
> > "wrong" in that all the KEY_SEQ 1's are returned first and then all the
> > 2's
> >

> What version of the JDBC driver and what version of the database server
> are you using?  It should report results as you expect.
>
> Kris Jurka

Dave Cramer
519 939 0336
ICQ # 1467551