Re: UserLinux with MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Badger
Subject Re: UserLinux with MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 19:40, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> Besides UserLinux is expected to be a business friendly distro. Why does it
> assume that business wants all tools for free?

I don't think they *assume* that.  They are adopting it as a stance, one
which people can "buy" into if they wish.

If others think an alternative stance is more viable, they should pursue
it.

> If I run a business and find userlinux a good model of a linux distribution
> and Qt to be a good development framework, cost of few Qt licenses for my
> proprietory apps. would be rather negligible investment. Besides that buys me
> portability to windows with support as well. The cost goes even down then..
>
> Linux is all about choice. And Userlinux is taking away from it by making one
> on behalf on business. I don't think it will sell any big.

Just don't use UserLinux if it offends you or if it's not appropriate.
UserLinux is *another* choice.  It removes no existing choices.

http://www.openskills.com

Attachment