Re: contrib/postgis spatial extensions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: contrib/postgis spatial extensions
Date
List pgsql-patches
[ why is this thread hiding in -patches?  It should be on -hackers or
  -general, methinks. ]

> Let me suggest a solution.  What if we took the part of the GIS code
> that duplicated our existing code (geometric types) and replaced what we
> had in the core distribution with the GIS version.

This is a complete nonstarter unless the GIS guys are willing to accept
BSD licensing of that part of their code; which I doubt given Paul's
prior comments.

            regards, tom lane