PGAdmin III - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From David S. Moore
Subject PGAdmin III
List pgadmin-support
Whenever I try to use PGAdmin III to connect to my PostGreSQL 7.4
database, I get "Connection Refused".  Here's the exact error from my
pgadmin.log file:

2003-11-30 14:35:45 ERROR  : Error connecting to the server: could not
connect to server: Connection refusedIs the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and acceptingTCP/IP connections on port
5432?

In my pg_hba.conf file I have:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS   IP-MASK           METHOD
local   all         all                                        trust
host    all         all         127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255   trust

In my postgresql.conf file I have:

tcpip_socket = true

I have built PostGreSQL with the default port and with TCL support, then
I installed TCL using createlang.

The database that I wish to access is on my local machine.  I am able to
connect to the database through psql without problem.  I have written
many SQL scripts to create tables, foreign keys, and stored procedures,
and to insert new rows.  I have written C++ programs that are able to
modify the database using the pqxx class library without problem.

What more do I need to do to get PGAdmin III to recognize my database?