Re: Release cycle length - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oliver Elphick
Subject Re: Release cycle length
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 04:36, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > 0. As you say, make it known to the public.  Have people test their
> >    in-development applications using a beta.
>
> and how do you propose we do that?  I think this is the hard part ...
> other then the first beta, I post a note out to -announce and -general
> that the beta's have been tag'd and bundled for download ... I know Sean
> does up a 'devel' port for FreeBSD, but I don't believe any of the RPM/deb
> maintainers do anything until the final release ...

I do in fact build debs of the beta and rc releases.  These have gone
into the experimental archive in Debian and are announced on Debian
lists.  I even posted an announcement to pgsql-general, on 10th October
for example.

========================================   "A Song for the sabbath day. It is a good thing to      give thanks unto the
LORD,and to sing praises unto      thy name, O most High."   Psalms 92:1