Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Review: Fix snapshot taking inconsistencies
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi> writes:
> On 2011-02-24 2:31 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The connection is the question of where to do CommandCounterIncrement
>> between successive DML WITH operations in a single command.

> .. what?  We decided *not* to do any CommandCounterIncrements between
> DML WITHs.

Oh, did we decide to do it that way?  OK with me, but the submitted docs
are woefully inadequate on the point.  This behavior is going to have to
be explained extremely clearly (and even so, I bet we'll get bug reports
about it :-().