Re: pgxs problem... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgxs problem...
Date
List pgsql-general
John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
> I'm trying to build something (pljava, dont laugh) for IBM AIX (don't
> laugh).  I have my own build of postgresql 9.1.6 on AIX, compiled with
> IBM XLC, it works quite nicely, but this build is bombing..

> /opt/pgsql91/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh
> libpljava.a >libpljava.exp
> /bin/sh:
> /opt/pgsql91/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/../../src/backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh:
> not found.

Hm.  There is a src/backend/port/aix/mkldexport.sh in the source tree,
and I see that Makefile.shlib relies on it, but I don't see any evidence
that we make any effort to install it.  For the moment you could just
copy it over to the pgxs tree ... but if we wanted to support AIX a bit
better it seems like we ought to do that automatically.

            regards, tom lane