Re: Press Release - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Rod Taylor
Subject Re: Press Release
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:08, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >Nowhere do I read unmonitored 24/7/365 availability or ultra-fast always
> >peak speed availability. 7.4 may have it's speed bumps but it will be
> >responding to queries.
> >

> Not if it is a vacuum full and you are trying to do an insert. Which is
> exactly what

Why are you running a vacuum full -- forgot to do a regular vacuum often
enough? PostgreSQL also won't be answering queries if I unplug the
machine it is on, toss it into the back of a plane and fly it to another
data centre.

We should only be considering standard operation.

Attachment