Re: SCSI vs. IDE performance test - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Benoit
Subject Re: SCSI vs. IDE performance test
Date
Re: SCSI vs. IDE performance test  (Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>)
List pgsql-general
I just ran some benchmarks against a 10K SCSI drive and 7200 RPM IDE
drive here:

http://fsbench.netnation.com/

The results vary quite a bit, and it seems the file system you use
can make a huge difference.

SCSI is obviously faster, but a 20% performance gain for 5x the cost is
only worth it for a very small percentage of people, I would think.