Debug-capable RPMs - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Troels Arvin
Subject Debug-capable RPMs
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hello,

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 15:35, I wrote (subject "Re: [pgadmin-hackers]
Cannot build latest CVS"):
> Anyways, a hack prevent RPM from stripping (:-)) might be to put this in
> the head of the spec-file?:
> %define __strip /bin/true

Doesn't work. This does:

%define debug_package %{nil}
%define __os_install_post /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress

First line disables building of separate -debuginfo packages (default on
Red Hat 9). Second line cuts down on the default post-installation steps
(normally, there are four in stead of the one above), so that it only
boils down to compression of man-pages.

I also recommend adding the following two lines right after the "%build"
line, just before the "%configure ..."-line:
export CFLAGS=""
export CXXFLAGS=""

These two lines will unset whatever optimization environment variables
which might be part of the global environment.

Of course, I hope that such anti-optimization steps are not part of the
production-RPMs.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark