Trigger within Transactions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vatsal
Subject Trigger within Transactions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
  I am back with one more query.

In my application, for notification purposes, i fire a trigger on table informing the user about the change in table,

this works fine for atomic operations but not fit for compound operations i.e. till the time a transaction successfully commits,
the trigger should not be fired or some mechanism should be there so that we can buffer up fired triggers and pass it to the user at one go,
so that it looks likes a part of a transaction.
in short, how to make triggers transaction aware?

i saw similar questions on hackers list but couldnt get satisfying reply,
please help

thanks in advance
regards
vatsal

'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individualor entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any use, copying
whatsoever is strictly prohibited.