Re: How to list which tables are available? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Johnson
Subject Re: How to list which tables are available?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 04:53, B.W.H. van Beest wrote:
> It seems so elementary, but how I get a list of which tables are
> available in a database. I can't find an SQL command for this, but there
> must be a way!

"$ man psql", then search for the string "list  of  all  tables"

$ psql test1

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms [of
government] those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow
operations, perverted it into tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson