Re: Pgsql on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Pgsql on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 17:10, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> How soon will 7.5 come out? (yes, I know, 7.4 is beta right now).

Who knows... six months maybe?

> How difficult is it to set up cygwin?

Not very, I used postgres via cygwin for development for a long time.
Works fine, but it's slower and not quite as stable as you would want
for production purposes.

> I'd like to make a drop in Apache/Postgres/PHP application on a windows
> computer for someone in my organization.
>
> I'd PREFER to avoid ODBC if at all possible.

I don't see how ODBC fits in to this at all.  There is no need for ODBC
if postgresql is running via cygwin, running on a remote linux box, or
even native on windows.