Re: Sun performance - Major discovery! - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Sun performance - Major discovery!
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 10:48, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> My worry about this test is that it gives us precious little
> knowledge about concurrent connection slowness, which is where I find
> the most significant problems.

As Jeff points out, the second set of results is for 20 concurrent
connections. Note that the advantage sunsoft cc has over gcc decreases
as the number of connections increases (which makes sense, as the 20x
workload is likely to be more I/O bound).

-Neil